|The 49 Best Lessons 2017 has taught me by one of the most amazing leadership gurus and Semi God Robin Sharma. We are printing these and posting them at our homes and office!!! He is indeed a genius ❤️❤️❤️ |
1. Hard work is a force multiplier.
2. Finding 30 minutes to be still and silent is one of productivity’s finest rewards.
3. Exercising for 20 minutes first thing in the morning is a total needle-mover.
4. If you’re not innovating daily, you’re on the path to obsolescence.
5. Once you decide to do something in your pro or private life, go all in.
6. Procrastination is an escape mechanism for people scared to do their best work.
7. Give your customers x25 the value they expect and they’ll tell everyone they know about you.
8. Don’t do it if you’re not having fun. Let joy be your GPS.
9. If you’re not scared a lot you’re not growing very much. Discomfort is a reflection of growth.
10. Fast a few times a week to reset your system and boost your longevity.
11. Be the most generous, optimistic, kind and brave person in every room you’re in.
12. Your phone is costing you your fortune.
13. When no one else believes in your vision, you absolutely must stay true to your vision. (Have the guts to stay in the game far longer than it makes any sense).
14. The quickest way to build a superb business is to swiftly develop the leadership potential of every teammate.
15. A job is only a job if you choose to see your work as a job. All work is a noble sport. All labor has dignity to it [if you choose to see it].
16. People are craving people of transparency, originality, authenticity and decency. Be one.
17. Creativity comes in seasons. There’s a time to harvest your ideas. And there’s a time to let the field sit fallow. (I’ve been working on integrating this lesson for years and am closer to getting it right more than ever before.)
18. Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is rest.
19. All change is hard at the beginning, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end. (And without change, there is no progress).
20. Someone’s going to win in your space. Why not you?
21. A strong Mindset without a healed Heartset, calibrated Healthset and elevated Soulset is a completely empty victory.
22. Pursue progress instead of chasing perfection.
23. Celebrate small wins and you’ll unleash a huge amount of momentum and positive energy.
24. Learn for an hour a day, no matter what. Running this daily ritual will help you see opportunities others can’t and deliver value to your industry that others don’t. And this leads to your winning.
25. Why go for good at what you do when you can stand for iconic at what you do? [Life gives us what we settle for].
26. Transform your fitness and you’ll transform your business.
27. Delete victimspeak from your languaging. No more "I can’t" and "It’s not possible" and "It’s so hard." More "I will" and "This is awesome" and "What’s the opportunity here?"
28. If you inspire one person each day, your day hasn’t been a waste. It’s been a gift.
29. Living in the past is disrespectful to your future.
30. Build an amazing career but enjoy a gorgeous lifestyle along the way. No sense in becoming a business legend but a human failure.
31. Look people in the eyes when you talk to them. Smile at people when you see them. Say "please" to respect them. And "thank you" to appreciate them.
32. It’s better to be an hour early than a minute late. Seriously.
33. The person who tries to do everything achieves nothing. Focus. Focus. Focus.
34. Spend the first 90 minutes of your workday on real work versus fake work.
35. Spend time in meditation every day. You’ll never do Michelangelo-level work if you’re overstimulated by technology.
36. A rich life doesn’t have that much to do with money.
37. Your daily behavior broadcasts your truest beliefs.
38. To have the results only 5% of businesspeople have, have the acumen and discipline to do what only 5% of businesspeople are willing to do.
39. World-class begins when you think you’ve done a great job but know you can do a better job.
40. The pain of your past can be exploited into treasures of wisdom, growth, creativity and productivity.
41. Everyone’s in Human Resources. And we are all paid to develop the talents of the people we work with.
42. Do not participate in the Collective DeProfessionalization of Business.
43. Be the most honest person you know. It generally takes 30 years to build a fantastic reputation. And 30 seconds to lose it by a single silly move.
44. Become a LION! Never a sheep! Be a victor, not a victim.
45. Cheap is very expensive.
46. The more devoted you become to serving others, the more your career begins to build itself, automatically.
47. Look for amazingly good people and you’ll start to meet them, everywhere.
48. It’s okay to be strange. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
49. Use the remainder of your life as testimony for a mastery that will benefit humanity.
Robin Sharma, December 31st, 2017 at robinsharma.com